It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 1:37 pm Advanced search

Engine pictures

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Engine pictures

Postby Bob robertson » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Does anyone have any pics of a well detailed Riva 327, I,m getting
started on my engine for my Junior and want to make sure I'm going in the right direction
Thanks
Bob robertson

Re: Engine pictures

Postby martinfeletto » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:09 am

Bob - do you have the books by Pierro Gibellini - Carlo the Legend, Riva the Myth? If not, the first 2 in the series would help you out a lot. Herb may sell them, Alan has them, or you can order them from Classic Boating I believe. Lots of details and pictures in there - they are the basis of what most of us look at in terms of reference material.

Be careful with respect to the engine paint color also - the current "Crusader Blue" that you buy at places like West Marine is not correct. Again, I think Herb or Alan have the correct paint, or call me, I have some. Eric has suppliers for many engine details also including decals, as does Alan.
martinfeletto

Postby Don Ayers » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Here is a pic of the Riva 190 (327 cu in)

By the Way, I am going to move this post into the Engines and Power train topic section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Juergen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:18 am

Bob.

I hope the attached pictures can help.

Btw. the correct varnish for the hull sides is bucciato versalia by Lechler/Stoppani

regards

Juergen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juergen

Postby africantiger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:57 pm

mr Juergen, your manifolds look modified
africantiger

Return to Rivaforum Support